|Physics Lab Haptic Pendulum Project||A-Prompt||Music Notation|
|Interactive Learning Tools||MathML Project|
The objectives of the NIDE project
- Create a courseware authoring module that functions in conjunction with web-based courseware authoring tools (as a DLL or JavaBean) to create accessible curriculum and an accessible student interface.
- Establish tools and communication protocols to deliver math, science and music notation over the internet so that it can be read and edited by users of alternative access systems (e.g., screen readers).
- Create authoring utilities that assist in creating interactive courseware and software based simulations that are accessible to students who are blind or who cannot use a mouse.
- Create and develop access solutions for synchronous communication tools used in distance education. These tools include video conferencing, audio conferencing, and real-time chat utilities.
- Evaluate the tools and methodologies with a wide spectrum of educators and learners.
- Implement an educational network that models inclusive teaching and learning practices using emerging technologies.
Go back to Home Page