|Physics Lab Haptic Pendulum Project||A-Prompt||Music Notation|
|Interactive Learning Tools||MathML Project|
Synchronous Communication Group
October 6, 1999
Present: Deborah Fels, Bertha Acevedo, Carolynn Whiteley, Luo Dongchuan, Chris Ridpath
Regrets: Laurel Williams
The meeting was held at the Center For Learning Technologies and started at 9 a.m.
- As this part of the NIDE project is proceeding so well, Chris will reduce the number of meetings he will attend with this group. Chris should attend meetings approximately every 6 weeks.
- Deb informed the group that she will be able to purchase a new machine for the database development. It will replace the machine that Luo is currently using.
- Deb noted that Microsoft and MIT have created a partnership with a goal to "develop more sophisticated technology to improve higher education". We may become involved with this group and perhaps use them as a source of funding.
- Deb noted that the Ryerson ethics committee would soon be reviewing the user study portion of this project. She expected that the committee approval would come soon for the study.
- Deb reminded the group that we would likely publish a paper on this project. The likely likely publication is the RESNA journal.
- Bertha and Luo demonstrated how the Java based front end client software communicated with the remote database. The demo worked very well and they are now proceeding with the implementation.
J.P. Robarts Library, First Floor, University of Toronto Information Commons
130 St. George St. Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3H1
Telephone: (416) 978-4360 Fax: (416) 971-2629
For additional information please e-mail Laurie Harrison